Fine Turgrass Management

Fine Turgrass Management

Steve Cook, CGCS, MG - Director of Agronomy

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Course Update

The 10-day forecast looks slow. But we are planning on a potential window next week where we might get carts on the North for a day or two. Let’s see how much rain we get over the next 2 days, the models we are looking at are calling for 1" today and tomorrow. If that happens, the North course will stay wet for a few days. If not, perhaps there is an opportunity to get carts out over the weekend.


It's very difficult to predict conditions this time of year as the turf is still dormant and not "drinking up" the water. We have mowed greens twice. Nothing else has been cut. The ground is freezing at night with temperatures in the low 30's or high 20's.


Additionally, we are using everybody we have to get the shop back together from the fire remediation, and finishing winter refurbishing. So I'd like not to pull bodies from that operation (yet) to start course maintenance.


  • The courses will be  ready for Men's League on April 19th, our typical target date.
  • Green Committee meeting April 12th, 7:30 am: Trey Rogers from MSU will be discussing greens construction.
  • North Course currently open to walking.
  • Fire remediation will be completed next week.
  • Some seasonal staff returning April 4th, weather permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment