Last Friday gave us 2.75" of rain and set us back nearly 1 week. Yesterday, we finished reseeding the damaged areas around 12/15/17 tee complexes.
The washouts from Friday are considerably less than one would expect from 2.75” of rain on open/ungrassed ground. The drainage that was installed at the top of 15 fairway worked well as designed and constructed, as it captured and removed a LOT of the surface water … again on open ground.
At some point during this project a large rain event was going to happen and it shows us how water will move and allows us the opportunity to make any changes while we still can … very positive for us.
The PG held up well with no washouts. The member feedback from my tours has been very positive regarding the PG.
Few of the aerification “plugs” along 16 green moved and this area is progressing nicely as is the area on 12 fairway.
The trees to be used as screening along #8/#9 and behind #9 green have been selected, tagged and will be dug and planted in the next two weeks … ahead of schedule.
The steel wall work is progressing and the contractor – having had a slight rain setback – is continuing work.
Saturday, September 7th we finished seeding and hydromulching the top 1/2 of hole 15.
|#10 bunker sodding|
|#2 fairway bunkers|